Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm David Fountinelle, and I approve this message.

There comes a time in every man's life when he looks at what he's accomplished, contemplates where he is and ponders where his path will take him going into the future.  For some, this is a moment of reflection that burns within them from an early age, guiding them like an invisible hand, pushing and pulling them through a life, singular of purpose, narrow of focus and broad of scope.  For others, like myself, this moment comes like a shining beacon, cutting through the clouds and darkness, to illuminate a path that was previously hidden from view.  Suddenly, in that shining moment of clarity, purpose is no longer something that you seek to find, but instead it is an opportunity that is laid at your feet, requiring only that you reach down and pick it up.  For me, my moment is now, my opportunity is before me and my purpose is clear.  A wise man once said, "If you want to change the system, then get off your lazy butt and go do it."  That man was me, just now.  I look around and I see a great community, in a great state, in the greatest country on earth.  I see people, like myself, wandering in the dark, looking for that shining beacon to guide them from the fogginess of uncertainty to the safe shores of prosperity.  I see my path opening up before me, illuminated by that beacon of purpose, and I am ready to follow it.  Today, I am taking that first step into the future and announcing my candidacy for public office.  I am ready to lead our country into the future and out of the darkness and uncertainty that clouds the way for so many of us. 

In these uncertain times, it takes men of character and conviction to step up and make the tough decisions.  To put our necks on the line and risk everything so that our children and their children will have a better life given to them than the one we had given to us.  It takes vision, commitment and courage.  It takes good ideas, a clear plan of action and the integrity to see it through.  Most of all, it takes compassion and understanding.  It takes someone who understands the needs of the people, specifically the hard working men and women of our middle class.  It takes someone who has walked in their shoes, dealt with their issues and who understands what it's like to struggle with rising costs, stagnant wages and the pressure just to make ends meet.  You see, you never know where you're going in life until you know where you've been.  I know the middle class because I am the middle class.  I know my fellow Americans because I'm one of you.  I know where we need to go because I know where we've been.  I have the knowledge, the commitment, the integrity and most of all the compassion and understanding to lead us out of the darkness and into the light of a brighter, better future for all of us.  God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.

2 comments:

  1. Now all you've got to do is kiss a few babies, announce you're entering rehab (for alcohol, drugs or sex addiction...as they seem to all work equally well), and establish your campaign finance committee.

    Where do I sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For which one, the baby kissing, the addictions of the campaign financing? ;)

    ReplyDelete