Friday, February 10, 2012

Let's go for a bike ride!

It's been such a beautiful day today, all I wanted to do was take advantage of it by going for a bike ride.  However, I knew I had to think of something to write about today and I was at a loss for a good Friday topic.  Then it hit me - why not make my bike ride my topic?  Brilliant!  So, with a little help from my iPhone and a cool camera app, here is a little photo journal of my afternoon bike ride down our usual biking trail.

The start of the bike trail near our house.

The first bridge across the creek.

And this is the creek!

Old trees, old film effect.

This forkin creek right here...

Beaver 1 - Tree 0

It's a damn dam.

I risked my life to bring you this exciting action shot of me riding through the first street underpass tunnel at a high rate of speed after coasting down the hill leading to it. 

I don't know if you can see the crystals stuck to the inside of this bag, but they're not from sugar.  Yes, a lot of people stop to smoke weed along this route.  Why?  Because it's an awesome place to get stoned, duh.

Merced is so cool, making beds for the homeless like this.  Just kidding, homeless people aren't allowed to sleep on public benches.

Here's the drinking fountain at the dog park where we always stop for a quick drink each time we pass it.  I always think that someone just got finished spitting all over it every time I use it though...

A bench carved from the exposed root of an old tree.

Trees at the park.

Fahren's Park playground.

Found these trees throwing up the "W".  They say late at night, when the full moon is out, you can hear the wind whispering "Weessst Siiiddde!"  Through the trees...

Wilson Rawl's unpublished sequel, "Where The Yellow Shopping Cart Grows."

You can't tell from this pic, but this bridge is a bastard to ride across because it's on a pretty steep grade right after a hill from the underpass in the background.  Riding back across it is pretty sweet though, until you ram someone head-on coming the other way...

I don't know what lives in that big-ass den right there, and I'm not interested in finding out.

So, that's a little glimpse of the stuff we see when we go on our bike rides.  Of course, until the days get longer, we're usually taking this ride in the dark, but you get the idea.  Maybe I'll get a hair up my ass and do a night time bike ride photo journal too, it certainly beats thinking up compelling written content all the time.  Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment