Friday, September 30, 2011

Yes, it's Friday and yes, I'm lazy, so you get a half-assed post today!

Lucky you!

Seriously though, I busted my ass on my workout this morning and I've been sort of dragging it all day and since it's Friday and I usually just throw something fluffy up here before the weekend anyway, I wanted to compensate for my lack of creative motivation by providing some compelling content, but at the same time I want to preserve the spirit of not getting too serious or trying too hard on a Friday by just letting someone far more intelligent, funny, witty and successful than myself do all the work.  To that end, I want to dedicate my Friday post to Jon Stewart's complete dismantling of Bill O'Reilly in his interview with him on Wednesday.

Honestly, Jon's interviews with Bill are some of my favorite segments on his show.  Certainly, they're my favorite segments on O'Reilly's show whenever Jon appears over there.  Few people can dodge O'Reilly's slings and arrows, keep him from spinning his own arguments and challenge his flawed ideologies in a way that leaves O'Reilly either completely speechless or forced to jump to some wild tangent to still try and convince himself that he didn't just get his ass handed to him by a guy who he marginalizes as little more than a hero to slackers and stoners the way Stew-beef can.  The most recent face-off between Stewart and O'Reilly was no exception.  The aired interview was great, but the extended interview on line is pure gold.  So, I'm posting it for anyone who hasn't had a chance to see it, not just because I'm a lazy shit, but because it's so awesome to see how simply and effectively a witty, unassuming guy with logic and facts on his side can disarm and take down a Fox News bully like O'Reilly and not only make it look easy, but also make it incredibly funny and entertaining to watch.





Enjoy your weekend, see you back here on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment