Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday, eh?

I know this is a bit later than I've been getting my posts up lately, but I've been fighting what is increasingly feeling like an annoying head cold all day.  I hate getting sick, not just because - like most men - I'm an absolute baby when I'm sick, but because it's so damn inconvenient being sick, especially on the weekend.  I mean, I have plans, things I want to do, places to go, people to see, all that.  I don't have time to "rest up" and get better, I need to not get sick in the first place!  So, I'm pounding vitamin C wherever I can get it, I'm trying to rest as much as I can while still doing what I have to do every day (including posting this) and I'm staying as positive as possible, in hopes that will somehow help me fight off getting sick before it fully takes hold.

If I really am getting sick, this will be not just my first cold of the year, but my first one in quite a few years.  I suppose that's both the blessing and the curse of not having kids.  On the one hand, I don't get new, exciting germs brought home to me from school every day, but on the other I don't get to build up a nice, strong immune system to fight them off when they do hit me.  At this point, I have the immune system of a pre-colonial Native American.  When I get sick, it's a freaking plague on my house.  Again, maybe that's just my generic predisposition towards being a bitch about getting sick, but it seems like when I actually do get sick, it's extra lousy.  What's weird though is that I don't feel sick like I usually do, I just have a nose that won't shut off and the chills.  I don't have that weird, achy feeling in my bones or perpetual fatigue and I don't have the itchy tickle in my throat that precedes a nasty cough.  In fact, other than my runny nose and chilly extremities, I feel normal.  I keep thinking that maybe this is just a bad case of allergies and they will soon pass, but allergies don't usually affect me this strongly.

But what the hell am I doing here?  Blogging about how much I hate getting sick?  Really?  Is this even remotely interesting to you?  If you say yes, you're lying.  I mean, I know blogs are pretty much made for the author's own self-indulgence, but come on.

Still though, it is Friday and I usually don't post about anything too deep and cerebral on Fridays.  Then again, that doesn't mean that bitching about catching a cold is worthy content for submission, either.  I guess I could talk about the movie I saw earlier, "My Soul to Take", but I'd just be bitching about watching a lame scary movie that wasn't even the least bit scary, not much of an improvement if you ask me.  In fact, I would personally rather hear about my snot production than ready a synopsis of that stinker of a movie.  Should I bitch about the terrible teriyaki chicken I had for lunch?  That would just be more bitching.  I don't know that hearing me bitch is interesting reading.  I suppose it can be, when I do it well, but I'm like a lazy bitcher right now, I don't have the energy to put effort and creativity into my bitching, I just want to bitch.  Ok, this kind of tells me that I might actually be getting sick because that always makes me a whiny bitch.

Really, I just want to kick this thing before tomorrow because I'm supposed to be getting some more tat work done and I'm really looking forward to having some new ink to show off.  I haven't fully decided what I want to have done yet, at this point I'm debating between either getting some more stuff added to an existing tat I have that is a tribute to my favorite movie of all time, Dawn of the Dead, or getting a new, original piece done somewhere else, most likely on my upper-body.  My first two tats are on both my legs, on the side of my calves, so adding something up top is a logical progression, but I also want to do more work to my legs and fill those bad boys out.  I like to wear shorts as many days out of the year as I physically can before I freeze my nuts off, so having wicked, tatted-up legs is very appealing.  The most important thing, though, is obviously that I want whatever I get to not suck.  I don't want to do anything trendy that will be dated and lame in a few years, like all those poor, dumb bastards who got the Tazmanian Devil tatted on them a few years ago, or how pretty much every slutty girl in the world will feel if lower back tats ever go out of style.  I don't think that will happen, though, not just because lower back tats are pretty sexy on girls, but because we need an easy way to quickly assess which girls are the safest bets to bang at a party.  Tramp stamps going out of style will happen about the same time that the phrase "WOO HOO, I'M SO DRUNK!" stops being the official blond chick mating call.  For the record, I'm not trying to shit on girls who have lower back tats.  Like I said, I think they're sexy and I'm sure not all girls who have them are easy lays, just like not every guy who owns a skateboard is a good skater, but it shows an effort and that's the most important thing.  I like where your head is at to even get the stamp in the first place, let's just put it that way.

So, I want to get tatted, I think that's what we should all take from that last paragraph.  Thus, I don't want to be sick and have to miss out on the opportunity.  So, I'm hoping that this is either one of those wimpy, 24-hour deals that goes away by the time I get up tomorrow or that it really is just bad allergies after all.  Either way, I don't want to be in worse shape tomorrow than I am today because I'm right on the precipice of bitch mode and I really don't want to subject my wife to that.  Also, I have an exercise regimen to stick to, I don't have time to be all laid up when I should be working on my new 2-week goal of being able to jog a full mile non-stop.  I can't believe I actually wrote that last sentence.  I know I've been at this changing my diet and exercising thing for 2 and a half months now, but it still trips me out when I catch myself getting excited about doing things that I would have rather given up a pinky toe than done 3 months ago.  Literally, if I had the choice between jogging a mile every day or having the tip of my little piggy that went wee wee wee all the way home lopped off back in July, I would have chosen the lopping.  Now, though, I'm all stoked to start working towards the jogging.  I started yesterday, did little spurts during my morning mile walk.  Managed to jog about 30% of my walk, which was a lot better than I expected.  That got me thinking that I could be up to doing the full mile within two weeks if I just push myself a little more each day.  I gotta say though, I'm still a pretty heavy dude for jogging.  It's kind of brutal on my knees, even with my badass new ankle-shredding running shoes.  Still, a goal is a goal and I aims to meet it!  I have to drop an average of 5 lbs per week if I want to meet my weight loss goal for the end of 2011, so I'm looking to step it up wherever I can.

Yeah, so I can't be getting sick right now, I just don't have the time.  Hopefully I have made a persuasive enough argument to convince my immune system to do it's job and nip this thing in the bud.  I don't even know if I have any cold medicine in the house, but I don't want to use it even if I do because that's like negotiating with the terrorists and I have a strict policy on that.  Although, day-quil is pretty awesome... No, don't even think about it Dave, just use your mind powers to talk those germs into a peaceful surrender!  Wow, I don't even want to read what I just wrote right now.  I really don't even want to click the publish button and make this my post for the day, but I really don't know what else I could write about and it's already after 5:30.  Oh well, sorry guys, this is what you get when I'm off my game.  I will assume that my past brilliance is enough to earn me a pass every now and then?  Good, then I'll see you on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment