Monday, December 26, 2011

It's the day after Christmas.

That's right, Dave don't take no holidays off.  Well, actually I do, but I had to get that damn 12 days of Christmas debacle all posted before Christmas was over.  So, now it's over and it's time for post-Christmas bargain shopping - time to go get a sweet ass deal on an LCD TV someone returned because they didn't like the color or something stupid like that.  I'm waiting until after the morning return rush to go, even if that means missing out on some deals and getting there after some stuff has already sold out, because I really can't stand the big holiday returns crowds.  Really, I can't stand big crowds of shoppers, period.  We went to Target the other day just to pick up some incidental items and I completely spaced the fact it was the 23rd - place was freaking swamped with people buying last-minute gifts, kind of made me want to try my luck with just sprinting out the front door with our $10 worth of stuff we were going to have to wait in line for 30 minutes to pay for...

So yeah, I'd like to get lucky and find a great deal on a nice 46" TV, maybe an iPod to take on my bike rides.  At this point, I'll be stoked to go to Chipotle and have a steak salad, just like they did at the first Christmas.  Before all that, though, I'm looking forward to going on a nice, long bike ride while the sun is out and the weather is decent.  I have to work off some delicious yet excessive eating from the last two days.  This will be the first holiday season in my entire life where I actually lost weight, which is pretty special just by itself.  Overall, though, this has been one of the better holiday seasons since I lost my dad and that really is a gift.  Spending time with my family and friends, being able to wake up next to my best friend and getting to enjoy another Christmas on this planet, that's all I need to be really happy, everything else is just a bonus.

Anyway, I'm off to get my day started.  Had a nice, long sleep-in, all well-rested and ready to go and now I'm gonna do some quick price-comparisons on everybody's websites before we go into haggle mode and start bargain hunting.  I'll be back tomorrow with some content, perhaps it will even be decent, who knows?  Until then, enjoy your day off, everyone who's got one, and try to avoid actually doing any real work, everyone who doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment