Friday, October 21, 2011

Best news of the week.

“As promised the rest of our troops in Iraq will come home by the end of the year. After nearly nine years, America's war in Iraq will be over”

"Today I can say that troops in Iraq will be home for the holidays."

Policy in Afghanistan - Bin Laden dead, Al Qaeda routed.

Policy in Libya - No U.S. casualties, low operational cost, Gadhafi killed.

Policy in Iraq - A decade of war finally ending, soldiers home for Christmas.

It's been a good week for the president, the culmination of a successful foreign policy that has seen the destruction of our greatest terrorist adversary, the death of a maniacal and anti-American dictator, the liberation of a nation and the end of the longest and financially costliest war in our nation's history.  I can't top that, so I'm just going to say that I can't wait to see my friends in the military come home for good to be with their families and loved ones.  I can't wait for the focus to shift from building other nations to rebuilding our own.  It's a great way to end a historical week.

1 comment: